Yet Another Review and Pre-Review

Yes, I am on a roll. I admit to not reading every page of the book I just reviewed, however. I am not going to spend time learning about bare-metal HP-UX or AIX recoveries if I have no expertise in either subject (to check for mistakes) or desire to learn (because I do not admin either OS). Shortly Amazon.com will publish my four star review of Backup and Recovery by W. Curtis Preston. From the review:

W. Curtis Preston is the king of backups, and his book Backup and Recovery (BAR) is easily the best book available on the subject. Preston makes many good decisions in this book, covering open source projects and considerations for commercial solutions. Tool discussions are accompanied by sound advice and plenty of short war stories. If the author addresses the few concerns I have in his next edition, that should be a five star book.

I also received another book in the mail today, Secure Programming with Static Analysis by Brian Chess and Jacob West. I reviewed drafts of this book and was confident enough of the content to acknowledge involvement. This is part of Gary McGraw's Software Security Series at Addison-Wesley. I liked the last book in that line, Software Security.

Comments

syferium said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gaurav said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics