Happy 8th Birthday TaoSecurity Blog

Today, 8 January 2011, is the 8th birthday of TaoSecurity Blog. I wrote my first post on 8 January 2003 while working as an incident response consultant for Foundstone. 2739 posts (averaging 342 per year) later, I am still blogging.

I don't have any changes planned here. I plan to continue blogging, especially with respect to network security monitoring, incident detection and response, network forensics, threat-centric security, and FreeBSD when appropriate. I especially enjoy reading your comments and engaging in informed dialogues. Thanks for joining me these 8 years -- I hope to have a ten year post in 2013!

Don't forget -- today is Elvis Presley's birthday. Coincidence? You decide.

The image shows Elvis training with Ed Parker, founder of American Kenpo. As I like to tell my students, Elvis' stance is so wide it would take him a week to react to an attack. Then again, he's Elvis.

I studied Kenpo in San Antonio, TX and would like to return to practicing, along with ice hockey, if my shoulders cooperate!

Comments

Khaidir said…
@Sir Richard,

Happy Birthday TAOSecurity.
Keep up the good work!

Khaidir
Chris Buechler said…
Congrats Richard, keep up the good work. Seems like I've been reading this site forever.
Akram said…
Happy birthday Taosecurity. I'm glad i read your blog and will still read it until you'll stop updating. Good job!
Anonymous said…
he's Elvis and has a black belt... funny

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics